Posts Tagged 2013
In the spirit of wrapping of 2012, I wanted to come up with something fun and/or thought provoking. Of course, after several drafts of reviewing 2012 or summarizing my year, I got nada. Honestly, I’ve been trying too hard; trying to come up with something you all wanted to hear instead of writing what I know. And so, this is what I know.
I was all but jumping up and down to ring in 2013. Not for the parties but, because I’m ready to have a fresh start again. 2012 was no cake walk for me; something I didn’t really expect after a rough 2011. I seriously didn’t think it could get any more difficult but it did. Life had a funny way of handing me the poo-poo platter and saying “dig in!” And life, albeit difficult was not all that bad this year. There were some really amazing moments like my niece being born, and some wonderful times with family and friends. So here it goes:
12 Things I learned in 2012
- Life is hard but it isn’t terrible. Talk to someone about what’s going on in order to get it off your chest. If you’re not living in the solution, you’re the problem.
- Denial is like vengeance. The moment you decide to face reality it digs that knife much deeper.
- It’s easy to get caught up in being the person you think others want you to be. Just be yourself; life will be more pleasant.
- A life without spiritual, emotional and physical wellness is a chaotic one.
- I’m in a constant battle of reminding people I am not 16 anymore.
- I need to embrace this time in my life; it’s the ideal time to be doing things for myself.
- I am much more of a home body than I thought I was.
- Living with your parents at 25 isn’t so bad.
- Your dog REALLY is your best friend.
- Don’t judge a person based on their DVR. Sometimes it is easier to blow off steam with the Real Housewives.
- I had a terrible habit of making and breaking plans this year. Not something I’m proud of and definitely something I need to work on.
- After all that poo-poo platter, I most definitely will be able to handle whatever life throws my way.
I hope that the new year brings many blessings to you. Life is too short to not enjoy it. May this year be better than the last and may you continue to grow into the amazing person you are.